Monday 20 April 2015

APRIL FAVOURITES


First up, a big shout out to Origins. Unsure of what products to buy I contacted the live team via email on their website to ask what night cream would be best for my skin type - normal - and for something to hide fine lines around the eyes... yes ladies I'm 24 but already seeing wrinkles :( The next morning I had an email from one of their consultants giving me a list of recommendations, including the High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-enriched renewal cream. I bought the cream from our Feelunique store in Guernsey and while I have only used it for a week I love it. It gives your skin all it needs for a great night's sleep, as well as renews and resurfaces the skin overnight to reveal brighter looking skin. You can also get the oil-free version but I love the essential oils that are perfect for bed time.

Another night time ritual I'm loving at the moment is the Lush Yuzu and Cocoa bubbleroon. Now I'm not overly keen on really sweet smells but this has such a fresh and uplifting smell it really is a treat. It has an orange chocolate fragrance, with exotic tropical undertone and a grapefruit note. As a bath-over-a-shower kinda girl you should have seen my smile when the I was covered in fluffy white bubbles. It also has extra virgin coconut oil and shea butter so I came out the bath feeling super soft.

A more recent purchase of mine has been the My Burberry fragrance. I'm such a sucker for nice packaging and Burberry did not disappoint. It is light floral scent with notes of sweet pea, bergamot, golden quince, freesia, geranium, rose and patchouli. Now again I really don't like super sweet floral smells but this is totally different to anything else I have smelt before. According to Burberry it is supposed to capture the fragrance of a London garden after the rain. It is really light and fresh and I love to wear it for work.

Moving on to hair products, there are two items I have been loving this month, the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish and the Wella SP Luxe Oil. Firstly the dryspun spray claims to create instant fullness and texture and that's exactly what it does. I have quite fine hair and I'm constantly on the lookout for products that will add volume. Once I have dried my hair I spray this wherever I want a lift and airy texture. I would describe it as giving you that effortless hair/beach/just got out of bed but I'm rocking it look and I love it. I've nearly finished the can but I totally will be re-purchasing.
Finally the Luxe Oil has been a total fave of time. Once I've washed my hair I put about one pump on my fingers and massage into the ends of my hair before blowdrying. You can instantly notice a difference and my hair feels so much softer and smoother. With a blend of three luxurious oils it is also supposed to protect, define, repair and recondition the hair. It is quite expensive but I know it will last me a good few months.



Who else has tried some of these products? 
Love always, Nic xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment