Monday 27 April 2015

FOOD // URBAN KITCHEN


To celebrate a friend's 25th birthday a group of us headed to Urban Kitchen in Town for some drinks and food. It was the first time I had ventured into the resturant that serves a great choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner all for a reasonable price  It's based on the former site of The Royal Hotel in the heart of St Peter Port and despite the rain that day it was bustling with customers.

As we sit down with the menu, the interior and design of the place really gives off a relaxed and warmed atmosphere - plus there's nothing quite like feeling cosy inside when you can hear and see the rain trickling down outside. I took a few pictures while we were there before we headed off for some mojitos... 



 I fancied the chilli and lime tiger prawns that came with tomatoes, flat breads and a delicious mango and turmeric yoghurt dip. It's only been in the past year that I've got into prawns but these were amazing and especially with the dip I was in food heaven. 

Some of the other girls went for sandwiches and here's one with roasted red pepper hummus, caramelised onions, rocket and goat's cheese and you can't forget the chips - delish!  



The following day and nursing a (slight) hangover I went for a walk in the small Guernsey lanes. I came across this beautiful flower stall and lovely rural scene.  Thought it was worth a picture!



If anyone else has been to Urban Kitchen and can make any good recommendations let me know. 
Love Nic x

0 comments:

Post a Comment