Friday 24 April 2015

NEW PURCHASES



So the other day I popped in Town to get my friend a birthday card and came home with a few extra things... I don't know if it's just me but the sunny weather is making me want to replace my entire wardrobe and what better way to start with some sunnies, a t-shirt and pumps. I have also been watching lots of icovetthee videos at the moment and picked up some extra goodies in Boots that Alix mentioned...


So the first stop was Next, our store in St Peter Port is quite small, but it was packed with  spring clothes and I just couldn't resist. Right now they have a great range of casual t-shirts in a wide variety of fresh colours. I picked up this blue stone washed number and it looks great with some jeans and maybe even some flip-flops when the weather warms up a bit. Other colours they had were yellow, lime, grey and a red/orange all for £14. 

Next up I have been on the look out for some casual pumps that I can just throw on. When I went into Sports Direct I saw these right by the till I just had to try them on, and let me tell you, they are so comfy and only £6! They have so many colours and I might have to head back and pick up the sandy/white colour. I think these type of shoes are great when it's not quite sandals weather but you want something light on your feet. Great for walking too! 

Finally sunglasses, I picked these up at Accessorize for £12 and think they look great for my round face shape! One thing they are not great at blocking out the sun so I think I might need to invest in some good ones especially for when I'm driving. If anyone can suggest a good pair for a round face that would be great. 


Boots was my next stop and I headed straight to the L'Oreal counter to pick up the Infallible 24H-Matte Mattifying Foundation. I purposely try and stay away from matte foundations because I really like a dewy and fresh-looking finish. But after watching the icovetthee video I knew I wanted to try it. It claims to last up to 24 hours be waterproof, steam proof, and produce a perfect coverage without a cakey look. I picked up the colour 12 Natural Rose but they have a variety of colours to choose from. I applied it using my fingers and I was really impressed with the result. It looked flawless, as you would expect with a matte foundation, but it also had just a really glowy and fresh finish. It was easy to blend in and it didn't cling to any of my dry patches I have at the moment. Being a medium coverage it does give you that airbrush look while also being comfortable to wear at the same time. 
.

Next up I had a No 7 voucher to spend and I was immediately drawn to the Stay Perfect Shade and Define pencils which come in eight shades. I wanted quite a simple base colour that I could quickly put on in the morning for work. This Cool Mink shade is perfect and is a subtle taupe colour. It claims to be soft, creamy and long-lasting and it was exactly that. It was so easy to apply while really giving a good base of colour. By the time I got home from work it was still there. I think I will have to try some of the other colours. Plus it has a pull-out sharpener at the end - all great for £8 or £5 when using the voucher.


If you have some of the other colours in the collection let me know and post a picture!
Love Nic x

0 comments:

Post a Comment