Wednesday 13 May 2015

HAIR ROUTINE // JOHN FRIEDA


I'm forever on the look-out for hair products that will give my flat and thin locks some va va voom! When I tried this Luxurious Volume line from John Freida about a year ago I instantly fell in love and to be honest nothing has come close since. They truly give body to lifeless hair, so if your in need of some volume, give it a go...


So from left to right we have the Luxurious Volume styling spray, root booster, shampoo and conditioner.


John Frieda claims the shampoo and conditioner adds noticeable more volume to fine hair and gently cleanses the hair without weighing it down - making it easy to comb through. Even after one use my hair feels really cleansed and so light and airy. It doesn't leave any build-up behind which could weigh my hair down, and let's face it, no one wants that. By using the conditioner too, it is so easy to comb through my hair. I used to use the Tresemme 24-hour Body and while the two are comparable - JF has my vote any day. 


Out of all the products my favourite by far has to be the root booster. You spray the lotion on towel-dry-hair focusing solely on the roots before blow drying. I do spray quite a lot into the roots but the results are the worth the extra effort. Once dry, my hair is noticeably thicker and fuller and with a little back combing, hello va va voom! I think a good test of a product is when you don't use something, and let me tell you, when I don't use it I can tell the difference and my hair goes back to being lifeless. I'm sure this little wonder will be part of my routine for a long time! 

Unlike the root booster, you use the styling spray throughout towel-dry-hair, and it claims to create the illusion of more hair and make the lengths and ends of the hair thicker from the inside out. I wouldn't go that far, but it does add thickness to the hair. I don't use this product as much, only on a night out when I want a lot of volume, however I don't think it's as good as the root booster. 
With this spray you do have to blow dry your hair to activate the product, so if your the type that likes to let your hair dry naturally than this is not for you. 

For more details on the type of hair dryer I use to blow dry my hair check out my Phil Smith post.

Have you tried these products? What do you think?
Love Nic
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment